Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Saturday Thrift Shopping

Monday, August 31, 2015


Dear Ones,
I found treasure at the thrift shop on Saturday. Three good friends and I visited our local "charity shop", as the Brits call it. It's proceeds benefits a program called Stars Family Services, which supports intellectually disabled adults. 


The morning was rainy. It was one of those days which makes you want to wear a baggy sweater and thick socks, drink tea and look out the window. AJ was rocking a baggy red sweater as you can see from the photo. You can't see in the photo but she was also wearing big socks and comfy Birks. 

I love rummaging through other people's discarded stuff. Doing that is one of my favourite ways to spend a rainy Saturday. It is always a gamble. Will you find anything good?

I did.


Here is what I found:

1. Dark Wash Jeans from Old Navy
These were a perfect fit. I have not had many comfy pants recently, so this is great timing to find good pants! I don't feel comfortable wearing them until I launder them, however. So I won't be wearing them for a while.

2. Vintage Messenger Bag
This is so cool. The best part about it is the old-fashioned flight tag that is still attached to the strap. It looks very vintage-y. It has the O'Hare Airport logo on it and even the old flight number.

3. Family Circle Magazine From 1974
I love the colours of the photos inside. I know that I could make some cool collages with them, even though it would make me sad to ruin the magazine.


4. Black D'Orsay Flats from Forever 21
I was so excited about these. I have always wanted this kind of shoe, but have never chosen to spend money on them. Unfortunately I wore them yesterday and got massive blisters. That is proably why they were donated to the thrift shop in the first place.

5. Beat-up Rosebud Pendant
This is a necklace with a metal rosebud charm on it. The charm is old, but the chain is new. I actually like that the red and green pain is fading. Makes it look older and well-worn. 

May you have a lovely Monday. I hope that memories of the weekend help you power through.
Love,
Lucy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment