Monday, July 20, 2015

Frýdlant Journals: Four - PMS Time

Dear Friends,

Today I felt extremely weak and tired. I have a day like this once a month, if you get my gist. On such a day I feel inexplicably tired and as though I am moving through a cloud of fog. I have zero energy and if I have responsibilities like school then it is all I can do to keep doing my work. Luckily I am on holiday and I don't have any responsibilities...except for three big papers still due for the Wheaton in England program...but I still have, like, ten days for that! No rush.

So, I woke up late and slowly folded all the clothes that were on my floor. That was it for productivity. Then I watched the end of the first season of Broadchurch and napped. It is a great show which was filmed around the area where we stayed for two weeks in England. Check out my journals from that stay in Beer.

I like Broadchurch, because it has a couple of my favourite British actors in it: Olivia Colman and David Tennant (The tenth Doctor Who). I also love the cinematography, which makes a normal English town seem foreboding and dark, but also beautiful. The camera has a way of playing with the horizontal nature of the jurassic cliff landscape and echoing those lines in the focus on household furniture or houses. All the while you really have the sense that the characters and the place are real--especially if you have spent a good chuck of time in a town very similar like we did in Beer. The community is so tiny and by the time we left I knew several people by name.




I usually get a bit more energy in the evenings and am able to hang with the family. So we Skyped my grandparents, ate dinner and watched an episode of Phineas and Ferb, which is a surprisingly funny cartoon.







Goodnight, Blog Peeps! 

Love,
Lucy Rose



1 comment: