Friday, May 29, 2015

England Countdown: 5 Days

Darling Readers,

We leave for England in 5 days! I drew a list tot the essentials for travel.

Here's the list:



- Canvas Tote, for days when I don't need a backpack 
- Backpack, for long days of touring when I need everything with me
- Slip-on-shoes, for warm days and to wear with skirts
- Buckled shoes, for chillier weather
- Laptop, obvs! 
- Pencil case, for sketching! 
- Sketchbook, um, for sketching! Exclamation point! Again! Another! Lots!!!
- Drawing tablet, I have this one. They are super pricey, but I got mine for free. I use it for drawing    My Outfits
- Generic MP3# listening device, stocked with Mark Kermode's Film Review podcasts (Hello to Jason Isaacs)!
- Makeup kit, gotta look fab in a metropolis!
- Water bottle, I used to hate these Nalgene things, because they mad me feel like a normal American...but Sheldon gave me one that he found in a dumpster and I love it! (it was new when he found it, BTW)
You'll notice this list does not include Passport or wallet. Don't worry. The plan is to take those too. 

Love,
LR

PS
This morning we went through some rules about the Underground and pressed a map of London. She reviewed the emergency phone number to call in England. It is 999 not 911 like in the US. That reminded me of a scene from one of my favourite British sitcoms called The IT Crowd

This is one of my favourite scenes:

WARNING! A CHARACTER USES THE "B" WORD AT THE END OF THE CLIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment