Friday, May 30, 2008

Morning

Something you may not know about me is that I'm a morning person. I don't know many early birds aside from myself, I guess we're a dying breed. I love having the first hour or so of the day to myself. My favorite way to start the day is going downstairs when everybody is sleeping and the sun is blazing through our kitchen door. I make a cup of tea and grab a book, or put on my running shoes and go for a run, or better yet take off my socks and race across the wet lawn.
I feel at my best in the morning. The whole day is ahead of me and it can be completly different than yesterday. Of course, it doesn't always go according to plan, but then there will be new mornings. Today was a beautiful morning. I sat in the yard with my tea, read Colossions and sang as loud as I could in the shower. Then I got to school and everything changed. It wasn't the greatest day I've ever had. I did badly on a math test that I had studied hard for and I had friend trouble. I was pretty grumpy, which is why I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning's fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment